SMART goals system can make us much more productive. If our goals are SMART goals, we can easily complete that goals and increase our productivity in achievements.
Everything that we do have own reason why we do that.
That reasons can be simply our wishes where everything starts.
That reasons can be our goals that also can be produced from our own wishes.
Our productivity can be measured through our success to achieve that goals. If we achieve our goals quickly, with less investment of time, money and effort, we can tell that we are more productive.
How we set our goals will have a large impact of their achievement. If our goals are clear and ensure our focus to their best achievement our productivity in achievement of the goals will be much greater.
On the other hand, when we set up our goals, we can make a mistake setting up goals, which are:
- Difficult to monitor their implementation, and simply we can’t know whether they are achieved or not.
- Too general that don’t give us the real benefits why we need to achieve them.
- Unachievable that means we will work on something that we can’t achieve.
- Without a time frame when they must be achieved that will give us the sense of urgency.
Such goals can be large source of our unproductive efforts of their achievement.
How we can ensure better goals to be more productive in their achievement?
The answer is simple. Using SMART goals system to set up your goals you can drastically improve their achievement.
Your goals need to be SMART goals.
What that mean? They need to be:
- Specific. Your goals need to be precise as much as possible. You need to ask yourself are your goals specific? For example, your specific goal is to make $200.000 profit. Unspecific goal is to make a profit.
- Measurable. Your goals need to be measured which will enable you to measure the progress through them. How you will know that you achieve some of your goals if you don’t have specific measures or indicators that will tell you about your success. If you can easily measure the progress of achievements of your goals you can easily improve your productivity.
- Achievable. Your goals need to be achievable. You can’t make something that is not achievable. I know that we always want something more. But, do we have potential to make that more reality. For example, can you achieve the $200.000,00 profit? If you can’t, better change your goals. Achievable goals will enable you to make tasks that you have the potential to complete.
- Realistic. Are they realistic? You want to achieve the goal to make $200.000,00 profit, but do you and your business are prepared for such a goal? Is there market size that will promise achievement of such a goal? Sometimes the real constraint to achieve our goals can be external environment that will define if something is realistic or not.
- Time Limited. Are they time-limited? If you don’t make your goals time limited than you simply don’t have the goals at all. Without time limit there are not sense of urgency or simply knowledge about what you need to do and when. For example, your goal will be something like this: I will make $200.000,00 profit in the next twelve months.